|MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CERTIFICATION|
Nepal Bureau of Standards and Metrology is the National Standards Body (NSB) of Nepal. It is a government organization under Ministry of Industry. It is also the national enquiry point/ nodal point for WTO (TBT & NTM) and focal point for National Authority on Disarmament Affairs (NADA).
Nepal Institute of Standards (NIS), first organization in the country to develop national standards, was established in 1976. It was restructured and renamed as Nepal Bureau of Standards (NBS) in 1981 after its conversion into a full-fledged government organization. Finally, it was again restructured and renamed as Nepal Bureau of Standards and Metrology (NBSM) in 1988 when Department of Metrology was merged into it.
Since, there are no management system certification bodies within country, all enterprises seeking such certification are relying on foreign certification bodies particularly India based Certification bodies. Envisaging these circumstances, Nepal Bureau of Standards and Metrology has decided to start system certification activities at its own. For this, it has established Management System Certification Division, trained its manpower and established all the documents necessary to carry out the activities.
|Process of Initial Certification and Certification Cycle|
|Management system certification ISO 9001 and ISO 14001|
|1. Submission of application by client (can get through www.nbsm.gov.np) and can apply online|
2. Review of application
3. If accepted then agreement on General Terms and Condition on Certification
4. Payment by client
5. Stage 1 Audit
6. Response to areas of Concern by client if any
6. Stage 2 Audit
7. Corrective Actions by clients
8. Evaluations of the corrective actions and closing of non conformities
9. Reviw of audit report
10 Decision on certification
11. Surveillance Audit 1 (annual)
12. Surveillance Audit 2 (annual)
|Process of Complain Handling|
|1. Lodging of complain by complainant. Complain can be lodged on line or other means.|
2. Registration of Complain and acknowledgement of complain.
3. Validation of complain.
4. Investigation of Complain.
5. Decision on complain.
6. Conveying decision on complain to complainant.
|Process of Appeal Handling |
|1. Lodging of appeal against the decision of NBSM on Certification. Appeal can be lodge on line.|
2. Registration of Appeal and acknowledgement of Appeal by NBSM.
3. Validation of appeal.
4. Hearing of Appeal by appeal committee. Secretary, Ministry of Industry will head the Appeal Committee.
5. Decision on Appeal.
6. Conveying the decision on appeal to appellant by NBSM.